What to Do Until SERVPRO Team Davis Arrives
Fire & Smoke Damage in the Lehigh Valley
Has your residential or commercial property been impacted by fire or smoke damage? SERVPRO of Easton, Bethlehem, and Whitehall is on the way! However, until we arrive, there are some very important steps that you should follow to maximize the chances of a successful restoration.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can cause more soil damage to walls, woodwork, and upholstery.
- Limit movement inside affected area to prevent further embedding of soot particles into upholstery and carpet.
- Place dry towels or old linens on top of upholstery, rugs, and carpeted areas.
- Remove soot from any chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, appliances, and trim. Then apply a light layer of lubricant to protect these surfaces.
- Attempt to wash any walls or shampoo any carpeted areas without first reaching out to SERVPRO Team Davis.
- Consume any food or beverages stored near the affected area, as they may be contaminated.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances, like television sets, that may have been within range of fire or smoke.
- Send clothing or garments to be dry cleaned. Improper cleaning may lead to smoke odor being set in the garments.
Following these crucial tips will help prevent further damage to your residence and personal belonging, and will allow the highly-trained technicians of SERVPRO Easton, Bethlehem, and Whitehall to make your disaster like it never even happened.